Prof. Samson Gunga has been teacher educator at the University of Nairobi since 1992. Previously, he taught mathematics in Kenyan secondary schools in 1981 and 1985 to 1992. Presently, he is a Professor of Philosophy of Education at the University of Nairobi having specialized in the Philosophy of Mathematics Education at Master and Doctor of Philosophy levels through scholarships from Kenyatta University, University of Nairobi and the German Academic Exchange Programme (DAAD). Samson has a Master degree in Information systems from the University of Sunderland. He is trained in ‘Teaching and Assessment Online’ having been awarded Commonwealth Fellowship for the same at the University of Dundee, 2005 to 2006.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) - Philosophy of Education (Nairobi) 1998
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) - Information Systems (Sunderland) 2001
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) - Philosophy of Education (Kenyatta) 1993
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) - Mathematics and Education (Nairobi) 1985
- Cert. THE - Teaching & Assessment Online (Dundee) 2006