Prof. Hellen Inyega - Associate Professor at the University of Nairobi, Department of Educational Communication Technology.
Area of Specialization
- Associate Professor - Language, Literacy, Special and Early Childhood Education - Teaching courses at all levels of the Kenyan education system; supervising students on placement in pre-primary to tertiary educational settings; providing advisement on academic research; coordinating PhD programmes in Early Childhood Development.
- Consultant - Language, Literacy, Numeracy, Special Education, Early Childhood Education and Learning Assessment - Providing technical support on: early language, literacy and numeracy instruction, materials development and use; capacity development of regional and national level education personnel; early childhood development policy framework; psychometrics and competency-based curriculum assessment; develop relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability and impact measures of education projects
Literacy Coordinator Early Grade Reading Institute.
- Partnership Liaison - Partnering with different organizations on language, literacy, numeracy, special and early childhood education matters.
- Grant Writing Manager - responsible for grants proposal writing for Early Grade Reading Institute.
- IIEP-UNESCO,Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) Certificate Course on Large-Scale Learning Assessments(February, 2016
- The University of Georgia, USA -Doctor of Philosophy in Reading Education(2003-2006)
- The University of Auckland,New Zealand –Master of Education in Special Education (1999 -2001)
- Kenyatta University, Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) (1995-1996)
- Kenyatta University,Bachelor of Arts in Literature in English and Kiswahili (1988 -1991)